Black Triangle Treatment in Mendham, NJ
Non-Surgical Dental Care In New Jersey
If you suffer from small black triangles seen between your teeth or around your gum lines, you are not alone. Our team at Jockey Hollow Dentistry uses the most advanced dental techniques to treat your black triangles with a conservative approach. We pride ourselves on offering patients a non-invasive way to restore confidence in their smiles. Take a look at our client reviews and see why families and individuals in Mendham, NJ trust us for all of their dental needs. If you notice black triangle teeth, we encourage you to contact our experienced dentists today.
Black Triangle Treatment, Before & After
Treatment done by Dr. Johnson
What Are Black Triangles?
About 30 percent of adults have “black triangles” between the teeth and near the gum line. It becomes compromising to your oral health when these spaces open up due to bone loss, gum recession, or movement of teeth after gum surgery or orthodontics (Invisalign).
Not only do they detract from the appearance of your smile, but these spaces also accumulate food debris that leads to excessive plaque buildup.
Dr. Johnson is pleased to offer a cost-effective, minimally invasive approach to filling in black triangles between teeth.
What Is The Black Triangle Treatment?
Multiple treatments may address black triangles, however, we prefer to use a non-invasive approach. Rather than altering your gum line or giving you a restoration, we simply inject a small amount of a filler in the gums near the space so it closes.
This procedure is completely painless. We simply apply a bit of topical or local anesthetic to the area, inject the filler until the triangle disappears, and you’re done. The area might be a little tender for a day or so afterward, but this should quickly go away on its own.
What Causes Black Triangle Teeth?
Are you wondering what causes black triangle teeth in the first place? Reasons vary, but typically include receding gums, aggressive dental hygiene, fragile gum tissue, bone loss, or it may evens simply be your teeth's natural shape.
There are a few things that can cause black triangle teeth, including the following:
- Receding Gums: Gum disease, gum infection, or smoking and aging can cause your gums to recede which can lead to black triangle teeth.
- Aggressive dental hygiene: Yes, if you brush or floss your teeth to intensely, it can damage the tissue between your teeth leading to black triangle teeth.
- Fragile gum tissue: If you experience fragile gum tissue, this may be what is causing black triangles between your teeth. This is different for every individual, so contact us today for additional guidance.
- Bone loss: There are a couple of conditions that may be contributing to bone loss, such as gum diseases or osteoporosis. If you are struggling from any such condition, it may be what is primarily causing your gum tissue to recede, leading to the emergence of black triangles.
- The natural shape of your teeth: This also varies per individual. Different people have different circumstances, and those can sometimes lead to black triangle teeth.
It's best to visit your dentist right away to discuss your black triangle treatment options in Mendham.
How to Fix Black Triangle Teeth
Fixing black triangle teeth with professional dental care involves several possible treatment options. First, our Mendham cosmetic dentist will conduct a thorough examination to determine the underlying cause of the black triangles, which can include gum recession, tooth misalignment, or inadequate dental restorations.
Depending on the specific case, we may recommend gum contouring to reshape the gum tissue, orthodontic treatment to align the teeth properly, or dental veneers to fill in the gaps and create a more aesthetic smile. In some instances, a combination of these treatments may be required for optimal results. It is essential to schedule a consultation to provide personalized treatment to address black triangle teeth effectively.
We Offer Free Dental Consultations
To ensure your oral needs are met, we offer free consultations so you know exactly what you’re getting into without any hidden fees or processes. Don’t hesitate to contact our friendly staff to book your first cosmetic dental appointment to treat black triangles. We will make every effort to accommodate your needs.